Please follow the below steps to submit your abstract:
- Click the blue ‘Submit Abstract’ button below to commence your submission.
- Abstract submissions will only be accepted via the Conference Website and in the format noted below.
- You will be asked to create an account for the Conference. Please remember your password in case you need to access it again to make any changes to your submission.
- Enter your paper title in the ‘Paper Details’ section.
- Upload your abstract in a .doc or .docx format, following the format used in the abstract submission template.
- List all authors and their affiliations in the correct order, ensuring you indicate yourself as the presenting author for the abstract.
- Select your program theme as applicable to your abstract.
- Indicate your preferred presentation type for your abstract (symposia presentation, oral presentation, poster presentation or no preference). Please note your abstract may be accepted into the program as a different presentation type to your requested presentation type.
- Click ‘Preview and Submit’. You will be able to preview your abstract and make any changes if required.
- While on the preview window, click ‘Submit’ to confirm your submission.
- The submitting author will be notified of the results of the review of abstracts by 28 June 2019.
Types of presentations:
– Symposia Presentations: Group of 4 speakers presenting a 45 minute (40 minutes + 5 minute discussion) oral presentation
– Oral Presentations: 15 minute oral presentation (12 minutes + 3 minute discussion)
– Poster presentations: Hardcopy poster presentations to be hung up at the Conference
The AusPATH Conference Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
Medical, Surgical and Allied Health
Education and Training
Children and Youth
- Submission Preparation - Abstract Format Guidelines
- General Policies and Requirements for the Submission of Abstracts
- Evaluation Criteria
Our abstract submission portal will format your abstract automatically. Authors are only required to upload the body of the abstract content (including images and any references/
The purpose of the abstract is to define the precise subject of the presentation to an audience. The abstract should state the problem being addressed, the purpose of the paper, basic procedures/methods, main findings and
- Title: Write the abstract title in the field provided using sentence case letters
. Theabstract title should be short, informative and contain the major key words.
- Abstract: Prepare a word document including only the body of the abstract content, images/figures
andreferences. Please note the following:
- Abstract body content: Any standard font and size
isaccepted and there is a maximum one pagelimit.
– Images: There are no limits to the number of images/figures that are included as long as it doesn’t exceed 1 page.
– References: References in any format are accepted. These include, but are not limited
to:Harvard, APA, MLA, etc.
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
Once all fields have been entered and answered, you will be shown a final preview of your abstract. Upon submission, you will be sent a PDF copy of your submission which you should review to ensure your submissions is accurate.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committee (PC) for consideration into the program. The decision of the PC is final. Abstracts may be allocated into the program or rejected. The allocation will take into consideration the preferred presentation type.
- The outcome of abstract submissions will be sent by 28 June 2019.
- Oral Presentations – Instructions for the preparation of oral will be provided. It is a requirement that all presenters provide a biography (maximum of 150 words) and photograph (a passport style photograph in high resolution up to 2mb) these are to be supplied at the time of abstract submission via the online portal. This is for use by the Program Chair in each session to introduce the presenter.
- Poster Presentations – Instructions for the preparation of hardcopy posters will be sent to authors upon notification of the abstracts acceptance.
- Symposia Presentations – Instructions for the preparation of symposia will be provided to speakers. It is a requirement that all presenters provide a biography (maximum of 150 words) and photograph (a passport style photograph in high resolution up to 2mb) these are to be supplied at the time of abstract submission via the online portal. This is for use by the Program Chair in each session to introduce the presenter.
Compliance to the specifications is imperative – any abstract that does not comply with these specifications will not be accepted for review and will be returned to you by the Conference Managers for re-submission.
Requirements for the Submission of Abstracts:
- All abstracts must contain original work that has no prior ownership or copyright restrictions. Abstracts may be from a range of categories, including original research, case studies, and insight or review articles.
- All abstracts must be prepared in the format specified in the guidelines (see Submission Preparation – Abstract Format Guidelines tab).
- Submissions will be returned to the author without review if not in the correct format and must be resubmitted immediately in the correct format to be reviewed and considered for inclusion in the program.
- The presenting author must submit the abstract
. The presenter will be required to register and pay for the Conference to ensure their abstract(s) are included in the final program, Conference Proceedings and the Conference Mobile App – deadline for author registration for the Conference is 30 June 2019 . Do not resubmit an abstract for any reason other than a notified submission error. If you do not receive a submission confirmation email stating your abstract was successfully uploaded, please contact the Conference Managers . It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly. Upon submission, authors will be sent a confirmation email containing their abstract in PDF file. Authors must check the PDF file to ensure the document has been uploaded correctly.
- Abstracts will be reviewed according to the evaluation criteria (see below) by the Program Committee (PC). The PC may reject or accept the abstract and their decision is final. The PC will allocate accepted abstracts into a particular presentation type (Symposia Presentation, Oral or Poster presentation). The PC will consider the authors’ preferences in relation to presentation type and these preferences will be balanced against
numberof oral presentations an individual is making, and the overall balance of content in a particular stream.
- Authors will be asked to list the contact author within the text box as indicated. The contact author may be different
tothe presenting author (e.g. supervisor).
- Faxed or mailed hard-copy abstracts or abstracts sent on disk/CD will not be accepted.
- Relevance to trans health & one or more conference themes
- Clarity of purpose, aims and/or hypotheses
- For research papers, rigour of methodology, methods and data analysis OR for non-research papers, clarity and logic of argument
- Clarity and validity of conclusions
- Potential to impact on practice and/or theory and/or to foster professional or scientific debate